Ok, so it can’t just be me who does this. Every Monday I have a fresh start… for everything. It’s the same pattern every week; I wake up on Monday full of good intentions, with big ideas of a new healthy lifestyle, a more positive attitude, doing actual exercise…
The day usually starts off well and I tend to make it through until about dinner time before I crack and pretty much stick my head in the sugar bowl. After that, I write the rest of the week off, knowing full well I’ll be attempting the whole thing again next Monday.
I couldn’t possibly have a fresh start on, say, a Wednesday. It just wouldn’t be right. It wouldn’t work. It has to be a Monday. By the time Sunday night comes around I’m usually planning my new start for the next week. Never do I stick to it. It’s like making New Year resolutions every single week. I should probably just give up and accept the way I live (no exercise, far too much sugar, slightly dehydrated, always high on caffeine) but I feel like I should be doing more.
Here’s an example of my new start goals:
- Start each day with lemon and hot water
- Drink at least 1.5 litres water/day
- Eat at least 7 portions fruit and veg/day
- Try to get at least 7 hours sleep/night
- Eat some good quality (vegetarian) protein every day
- Cut back on sugar and caffeine
- Take a positive approach to all things
- Get outside for a walk every day
- Do pelvic floor exercises every day
- Do some kind of exercise at least 3 times each week
So here I am on Monday evening, having just polished off a large Dairy Milk (one for sharing), a Mars bar, and about six gallons of tea. Oops. The day started off well at least, and I did manage my lemon water, fruit and veg and a short walk. But then chocolate happened, and not even a little bit.
Oh well. Next Monday’s only a week away.
*goes to kitchen to get ice cream
Do you have any regular health goals or tips on how to stick to them?